JIRA Exports

Jamie Davis May 20, 2020

Hello Everyone-

I am interested to see what you all have used to export tickets from JIRA with comments and attachments. 

1 answer

1 vote
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 21, 2020

Hi @Jamie Davis

Thanks for bringing up this ever-green topic!
I think if you search for this here in the community, you can also find other interesting threads that went down before.

Since you mentioned exporting attachments as well, I think the PDF format could be one possible target format that you can use. Better PDF Exporter is one of the longest-standing apps around that makes it possible to export almost every kind of Jira issue data into custom PDF documents, including embedding the attachments. The output PDF is highly customizable to your needs and requirements in terms of layout and content.

See an example output here (with the attachments listed on the left):
jira-single-issue-export-with-attachments.pngIf that's something that fits your need, you can find out more here.

As I said, PDF is just one possibility, a lot depends on what your goal is with exporting (Jira issue archiving, sharing information, reporting, etc,)

Please note that Better PDF Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events