[JIRA Automation] How do I transition an issue without following the workflow?

Jeff Boon October 18, 2021

Hi, I am trying to setup an automation to transition subtasks to status [CLOSED] if the main task has routed to [CLOSED] status. To clarify further, the subtasks are currently in the initial status of the workflow. May I know how do I achieve that? Because when I tried to setup in automation, below error message was shown:

Transition issue
Destination status could not be resolved. If using a smart-value ensure this resolves to a numeric status ID or untranslated name for issues (with current status):

image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2021

Hi @Jeff Boon and welcome to the community!

Does the same status exists for the subtask's workflow? 

Hi, yes the same status exists for the subtask's workflow.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2021

Does the CLOSED status has the global transition enabled? If not, and you don't want to enable it, you have to make sure that a transition to CLOSED exists from any status the subtasks may be.

Like Jeff Boon likes this
0 votes
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 18, 2021

Hi @Jeff Boon 

Welcome to the community!

I couldn't get the last part of your rule. However, your rule should look like this 

Screenshot 2021-10-18 124729.png

The same error were shown:

Transition issue
Destination status could not be resolved. If using a smart-value ensure this resolves to a numeric status ID or untranslated name for issues (with current status):

I highly believe this is due to the status [CLOSED] not Open to be transitioned from all other status?

Suggest an answer