JIRA 6.4 added annoying confirmation dialog on issue Create

Kevin Mote
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2015

Just upgraded to JIRA 6.4. Now whenever users try to create a new ticket (i.e., enter information on the "Create Issue" window) then hit the "Create button", they get greeted by a popup that says "Are you sure you want to leave this page?" with additional information:

Message from webpage:

You have entered new data on this page. If you navigate away from this page without first saving your data, the changes will be lost.

However, this is a spurious warning. If the user clicks the "Leave this page" button, the data is NOT lost. But the warning is quite annoying nonetheless.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kevin Mote
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2015

Hmm. Well I seem to have fixed it.

I disabled the "Issue Quick Start" plugin and the problem went away. I then re-enabled the plugin and the problem did not re-appear. So I guess it is resolved.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2015

Good catch, I suspect that add-on was injecting something that was cached and broken.

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2016

Hi,
This same problem is happening with me.
I get that dialog box, 
So I chose to stay and pressed "create issue" button again.
This created multiple duplicate issues.

Do you know why is this happening?

I dont have Issue Quick Start plugin in my jira. (Not system or user-installed) 

Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2016

please can anyone tell me i can find that plugin. "Issue Quick start"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2016

Admin -> manage add-ons

Benjamin Weinheimer-Erben (mgm-tp)
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2016

Hi,

we have the same behaviour, but also no "Issue Quick Start-Plugin".

In addition we have some projects in which we get the message and others in which we don't get the message.

I would be glad for any hints on this.

greetings
Benjamin

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2016

There might be some scripts running on your jira, Maybe in announcement banner or in any of the Field configurations descriptions. 
This may be a reason that causes that message to appear, because it detects change. And since some script might be loaded behind the create issue, it gives you the message; "New content has been added and if you would like to stay or leave the page".

I don't have "Issue Quick Start" plugin in my system either, so what I did was to chose "Don't show me this message" option. And after selecting that option, it won't bug you again.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2015

That's actually the browser, not JIRA.  Could you try a different browser (and maybe "safe mode" in your current one) to confirm this?

Kevin Mote
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2015

I tried it on Firefox and got the same behavior (with a slightly different message: "This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved.")

Aaron Carlson December 2, 2015

Well the fact that it didn't happen in the previous version of JIRA and started happening after upgrading would indicate it is in fact JIRA (or a JIRA plugin) that is causing the browser to give the warning.

Kevin Mote
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2015

It appears to have been related to a plugin that was activated by the "Create" button. (See my answer above)

0 votes
Matt March 4, 2020

I am experiencing the same problem with a custom dialog, created via ScriptRunner endpoint. 

The dialog features a couple of AUI fields. Whenever there is any input into any of those fields, hitting create will prompt the annoying confirmation popup. 

Is there a property/attribute these fields require to prevent this popup from occuring? 

0 votes
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2016

Hi,
This same problem is happening with me.
I get that dialog box, 
So I chose to stay and pressed "create issue" button again.
This created multiple duplicate issues.

Do you know why is this happening?

I dont have Issue Quick Start plugin in my jira. (Not system or user-installed) 

Suggest an answer