Issue type name changes once it's selected

Michelle Greenfield December 11, 2019

I created a new issue type and initially called it "Test Electronic Processing".  When I finished creating it, I changed the name to "Electronic Processing New".  It appears with the correct name in most cases except when you select it from the Create button, the name changes back to the old name while you're recording data under that issue type.  Is this a bug?

1 answer

0 votes
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2019

Hi Michelle,

could this be a problem that can be fixed by reindexing JIRA?

Cheers,

Kirstin

Michelle Greenfield December 12, 2019

Thanks. I have only been able to reindex when I've been given the option to do it.  I don't know how to do it, otherwise. Can you please give me instructions on how to do it? I'm a real novice at this and learning as I go.

Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2019
  • Press the "." key. You should get a small pop-up where you can enter text.
  • Start typing "Indexing". A list of actions filters as you type.
  • Select Indexing.
  • Provide the admin credentials if necessary.

The indexing page is displayed. Option Background re-index is selected.
Read the explanations of the options. I nearly always use background re-index but note that re-indexing affects the performance of your instance. You might want to do this in in off-peak periods. 

• Click Re-Index to start the indexing process.

Cheers,
Kirstin

Michelle Greenfield December 16, 2019

Thank you for your advice.  Unfortunately, this has not solved the issue. Any other suggestions?

Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2019

No, sorry.

Suggest an answer