Issue Statistics Sort Filter

Denise Schiller April 15, 2020

Hello - using the issue statistics gadget, it would be nice to be able to order the issue status the way I want, instead of only ascending / descending based on the number of issues that fall within each category. 

Annotation 2020-04-15 131655.jpg

For my purposes, I would like the order to be:

To Do> Prevalidation >In Progress > Post Validation > Done > Cancelled

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2020

Hello @Denise Schiller ,

By Default no, the sort order is fixed to the preset Ascending and Descending, in Natural or Total and cannot be customized beyond these sort orders. 

We have had a few feature request over the years requesting varying sort order changes, like the following, noting it was closed out as "Wot Do" as we never saw any substantial customer engagement or interest on the request:

With the following comment discussing why we choose not to follow up in more detail from the Jira Project manager:

Thanks for taking the time to raise this issue.

Due to the large volume of JIRA feature suggestions, we have to prioritise our development efforts. In part, that means concentrating on those issues that resonate the most with our users.

I am writing this note to advise you, that we have decided to close your Suggestion as it has not gained traction on jira.atlassian.com. We believe being upfront and direct with you will assist you in your decision making rather than believing Atlassian will eventually address this issue.

Thank you again for your suggestion and if you have any concerns or question, please don’t hesitate to email me.
Kind Regards,
Kerrod Williams
JIRA Product Management
kerrod.williams at atlassian dot com

As noted in the comment it recommends  sending him an e-mail directly, but he No longer works at Atlassian, and as since moved on to another position, So my recommendation here would be to add a vote and drop a comment on that request directly to see if this is something we could consider adding back to the backlog with continued interest as feedback is always valued and We would love to get some additional feedback on this and how it is impacting your use case.

I have also flagged this request with our current Jira Cloud Project managers to get an update on that comment, and take a closer look at the request with some renewed interest.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events