Issue HTML creation link assigning to @me?

Marc Weickenmeier December 7, 2015

Hi there,

working on JIRA v5.1.8 i am trying to create a issue by HTMl hyperlink.

Everything works fine, but i can't figure out how to set the assignee to the
currently used user? Is there a shortcut like @me or something like that?

I would appreciate if you can give me a hint on that.

Best regards,
Marc

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2015

How are you creating the issue via HTML Hyperlink? Can you show us how? And what do you mean by "to the currently used user?"

Marc Weickenmeier December 7, 2015

My cgi script generates content for a JIRA issue which is then created by a user clicking on a link looking like something like that:

http://0.0.0.0/secure/CreateIssueDetails!init.jspa?pid=<ProductId>&components=<Component1>&components=<Component2>&assignee=<Assignee>&environment=Sample+Environment&duedate=07.12.2015&issuetype=<IssueType>&customfield_10300=<CustomfieldInput>&reporter=<Reporter>&timetracking=<Value>&priority=<Priority>&summary=This+is+a+sample+summary&description=Sample+Description%0AWow+a+line+break

Documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Creating+Issues+via+direct+HTML+links

I can now define the assignee parameter as mwe (which is me) but i need to define it in a way that uses the currently logged in user. For example: another user calls the issue creation link and so he has to be the assignee.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2015

You will have to update your script so that it will programatically get the current user and build the html link first before applying it in the href link.

Marc Weickenmeier December 8, 2015

There is no way for fetching the current user because the script is not running in/on Jira - that's the reason why i use the HTML link interface. There has to be a way to define that, i am sure about that. Can i contact the JIRA devs?

Mihael
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2019

Hello @Marc Weickenmeier

did you find a solution for this "Assign to me" setting through HTML link?

Thank you and BR

Suggest an answer