Is there integration between JIRA Core Cloud and Bitbucket?

Sean Duvall December 4, 2019

Does Bitbucket integrate / work with JIRA Core Cloud?  

Example use case #1:  I want to link a JIRA Core Cloud issue, with a repository.

Example use case #2:  I want to link a JIRA Core Cloud issue, with a specific file in a repository.

Example use case #3:  I want to link a JIRA Core Cloud issue, with a specific commit in a repository.

When I use the verb "Link", I mean issue links, like those that already exist within JIRA --- but any means, feature, or mechanic that exists that meets those use cases would be awesome.

My understanding is that as of April 2019, Bitbucket will integrate with JIRA Software but not with JIRA Core.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Connect-Jira-Core-Server-with-BitBucket-Cloud/qaq-p/1067674

Edit:  I'm anticipating that I'm going to have to convert my business type JIRA Core projects to a JIRA Software project.  That wouldn't be the end of the world, but it would be a bit of a drag.  

1 answer

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2019

Hi Sean,

Are you subscribing to Jira Core or Jira Software? If you have Jira Software you can connect Business projects to Bitbucket, if you look at the project settings you should see Development tools at the bottom of the project settings list. 

You would not be able to link a specific issue to a specific file or repository (there is a request to have this feature, let me see if I can find it) with the integration. The integration only gives you the capabilities to create branches, create and view pull requests, view commits, and view builds. If you want to link an issue to a specific file you would have to create a custom field in Jira to do that.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2019

JRACLOUD-38738 is the request to have the functionality so associate a Jira project to a specific repository. If you want to see this implemented, go and add your vote to it to let Atlassian know.

Like Sean Duvall likes this
Sean Duvall December 4, 2019

I want to start off with saying thank you for taking the time to respond, it's really helpful; your description gives me a clearer picture of where I can go with this.

Are you subscribing to Jira Core or Jira Software? 

Answer:  I am subscribing to JIRA Core.

If you have Jira Software you can connect Business projects to Bitbucket, if you look at the project settings you should see Development tools at the bottom of the project settings list. 

My specific question is, "can I connect JIRA Core Cloud business projects with Bitbucket?"

What you've said is pretty close to answer my question, but you never mentioned JIRA Core's capability to integrate with BitBucket, which an essential part of my question.  (I want to accept your answer, but I need just a bit more info!)

----------------

You would not be able to link a specific issue to a specific file or repository (there is a request to have this feature, let me see if I can find it) with the integration. The integration only gives you the capabilities to create branches, create and view pull requests, view commits, and view builds. If you want to link an issue to a specific file you would have to create a custom field in Jira to do that.

Very cool! 

I assume though, [in JIRA Software at least] that you can link issues with specific commits.  Is this correct?

Thanks for the help so far, it is appreciated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events