Is there any way to populate Sprint values to a custom field?

Gikku John December 13, 2018

Does Jira offer any solution to configure a custom field to display Sprints created for a project. ? Looking for a 'sprint picker' field similar to a version picker custom field type.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2018

Hello Gikku,

Thank you for raising this question.

Unfortunately, JIRA does not provide a Sprint picker custom field, however, the inbuilt field called Sprint provide this functionality on JIRA.

That been said, can I know what is the goal you are trying to achieve that can not be performed with the own Sprint field?

We will be waiting for your answer so we can look for any options.

Gikku John December 13, 2018

Hi @Petter Gonçalves

Thanks for your response. Request was from or scrum master that they uses a field called 'Proposed Sprint' to capture Sprint data and currently we use a text field for that.

I guessed this type won't be available in Jira. We can use a text field instead.
Field was meant for reporting only.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2018

Hello, Gikku.

Indeed, I think this Custom field type will not be implemented anytime soon as it can be done with a simple text field.

However, feel free to open a feature request on JAC if you think this field may be required in the future for your business: 

https://jira.atlassian.com

Have a nice week, Gikku!

0 votes
Hitesh.Jamb@apa.com.au May 1, 2023

What is the update on this request?

Suggest an answer