Is there any way to find a list of all possible places where issue can be edited?

DmitryP April 21, 2020

There is a few different ways to edit issue

For example:
- ssue edit screen

- bulk edit

- edit during state transition 

Is there any chance to find out all posible ways from documentation ?

Same question for   Jira Service desc

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2020

Hello @DmitryP,

Thank you for reaching out.

I was not able to find an article about all the possible ways to edit an issue, however, I can provide you with this information. Check below the supported ways to edit an issue in Jira:

1. Through an issue screen: Added in the create operation, edit operation, or in a workflow transition.
  2. Using the Bulk operation method: Mentioned in the documentation below:
    Edit multiple issues at the same time 
  3. CSV or JSON Import: Although these methods are typically used to create/import new issues from other applications to Jira, you can also use it to edit existing issues by simply mapping the issue key field from the existing issues in the file:
    Importing data from CSV 
    Importing data from JSON 
  4. Using Jira REST API: This method is usually implemented when creating scripts or external apps that integrate with Jira:
    Edit Issue through REST API - Jira Cloud 

That being said, can you please provide us with the reason you are asking this information? We would like to understand your needs and evaluate if it would be useful for our customers if we create an article about this.

Let us know if you have any questions.

DmitryP April 23, 2020

Hi and thanks for your respond @Petter Gonçalves

Answering your question, As part of development team i am working on testing jira add-on.  And during the  testing process we wanna make sure that our add-on can handle all type  of editing events.  And to do that  i am asking this info.  And we would be happy to see article about that. 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2020

You are welcome, @DmitryP

Thank you for the provided details.

I will start the creation of an article based on the information I provided you and will let you know when it is finished. 

Have a nice weekend!

Suggest an answer