Is there any ID for Dropdown values in Custom fields?

Sourabh Gulhane October 7, 2019

Is there any ID for Dropdown values in Custom fields

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2019

Hi @Sourabh Gulhane 

Yes there is an ID for dropdown options. You can find it by doing inspect element in your browser ..

or

.. by going to Jira Administration | Issues | Custom fields | Custom field's Configure option (under Actions) | Edit Option (under Options) and then hovering your mouse over the Edit (under Actions).

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Sourabh Gulhane October 9, 2019

thanks for solution.

can you tell me how to refer to this value in Json.

suppose my custom filed name is Color ( Id :1500) and having value Blue ( 1200), green( 1201) , yellow( 1202).

to refer to Color we will use "customfield_1500"

what reference value should i use for Blue , green and yellow.

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2019

If you are doing something with JavaScript then you can use customfield_1500, for options it could be either the option id or the option value. 

Rik Fisk April 12, 2022

Just adding to this as I had a similar question as I was looking to find the option ID of a custom field which had radio buttons . I used the API option to search for the option IDs e.gxxxxx .net/rest/api/2/issue/LAC-11?expand=names. First I searched the name of the field and then searched for the custom field value which then reveals the option ID .What I found is for the field you have a values set in the ticket ,you can only find the Option ID of the value currently set. So if you are looking for the say 4 radio items option IDs in the list you need to set them one at a time and then do the API search.

Again would be great to have some more worked examples in the help for Workflow conditions.

Suggest an answer