Is there a way to disable - not remove - a post function?

Montana Fox August 13, 2020

I'll cut to the chase. I want to temporarily DISABLE a post-function, without having to completely delete it and then recreate it from scratch again later. Is there a way - either built into Jira, or with an add-on - to accomplish this?

I'm on Jira Core Server 7.2.7. Hoping to upgrade to 8.5.x this year.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2020

No, not even with add-ons.

A post function will be run if it is there on a transition.

What is the post-function though?  Some of them have ways you can configure them to do nothing without losing the rest of the config.

Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 14, 2020

While I'm with Nic here in general, a final judgement can only be made knowing which post function you're referring to in particular here (as well as Jira default vs. app?).

Montana Fox August 17, 2020

Man, it's really disappointing that such a simple and useful feature is not available in any way whatsoever. Only thing I can think of would be to add a condition that returns false, but only certain post-functions have that option.

SJ May 25, 2022

I agree with @Montana Fox on this. With scriptrunner and JMWE add on's we get some duplication in functions.  For example Copy field values to another field.  

Depending on the installation some of the duplicates are unreliable in how they function and it would be nice to disable or have a way to annotate a function with a "Do not use" so when we are updating workflows we don't grab one that doesn't work.

Suggest an answer