We are using version 8.20.1 as jira server. However, we received a vulnerability notice today. CVE-2020-14179 we've done the readings for the issue here. I couldn't find such an open number on the Jira security page.
In the aforementioned solution request, there is information that it has not been resolved. In the last comment someone mentioned that it was fixed. However, atlassian has not confirmed this.
On the community page, someone stated that the problem was not resolved on April 16, 2021, it was not working.
It's been a quirky process.
In the last case, can anyone who has knowledge about this issue inform us?
Is version 8.20.1 valid for this threat or not?
Based on what I'm reading, Atlassian "solved" the issue by creating the dark features. On your version, you should incorporate one of the two fixes:
To workaround this bug on Jira versions listed in "fixed in versions" above, one of the two techniques can be used:
- Add the dark feature "public.access.disabled" (see How to control anonymous user access in a public Jira instance)
- In the fix versions above, the endpoint will now return 401 for anonymous users.
- Add the newly added dark feature "com.atlassian.jira.plugin.issuenavigator.anonymousPreventCfData.enabled"
- 200 will be returned, however the output will filter out all custom fields from response only when not authenticated
- The side effect of turning on "com.atlassian.jira.plugin.issuenavigator.anonymousPreventCfData.enabled" flag is that in basic mode of issue search (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/basic-searching-939938708.html) there won't be any custom fields available for anonymous uses + there should be warning presented that "You’re not logged in, so you can’t use custom fields in basic search. Log in or switch to advanced search.".
Advanced mode should work fine (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/advanced-searching-939938733.html).
Hello, @serkan_sezer , I see that we've delivered a fix for this CVE for a while now and we have no confirmation of sensitive information being disclosed through that vector.
One thing that I've see more than a couple times in the past weeks is when clients upgrade their Jira Software but their Jira Server Management is still not updated causing the Vulnerability check to trigger an alert.
If your team was able to reproduce any vulnerability, they can follow the Vulnerability Information steps https://www.atlassian.com/trust/security/vulnerability-information-report.
Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events