Is it possible to "highlight" a workflow transition button?

Adam Humenansky October 20, 2021

We're using Jira Server, and a user raised a question to me today.

Can we highlight a Jira workflow transition button? 

My first thought jumped to "opsbar-sequence" so I reordered the buttons to put them in order of "preference" (i.e., moving the workflow forward instead of backward).

However, while I was editing the transition properties, I had the thought that there may be a property for "button background color" or something similar. Something that could set it apart from the other options, as opposed to just a better ordering of options.

A new thought just came to me based on this question:
Approve could be colored green, and Reject could be colored red. That could be a widely beneficial "use case" based on this idea.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2021

Hi @Adam Humenansky , 

Applying background colors to transition buttons is not natively available in Jira and an existing suggestion request https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-41519 is present in Atlassian backlog.

Alternatively, if you look for app based solution then you can try https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221443/color-workflow-actions?hosting=server&tab=overview app to meet your requirement.

Thanks,
Avinash

Adam Humenansky October 20, 2021

I forgot to browse the open suggestions, so I appreciate you linking it here. I voted on the issue, and in the meantime I'm going to try the app. Thanks for the help!

Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2021

That's great to have feature for transition and let me know how it goes with app.

Thanks,
Avinash

Suggest an answer