Is it possible to add a field which has 3 paramenters grouped together?

Ilze Schoeman August 19, 2020

Say if you want a custom field called 'User Details' and you want this field to contain 3 fields called:

• Username
  • Email address
  • Permission role

Then you want the ability to add more sets of this bundle of three. Is that possible? 

What is this type of field even called?

Thanks in advancegrouped user field.png

3 answers

2 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2020

Hi Ilze,

You might also try ProForma Forms - they have a nice table format that can be used. 

Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2020

Thanks @John Funk as quick example here is how you can handle requests for multiple users or items in a form. It's not perfect as you can't add an infinite number such as in Table Grid, but using conditional logic and sections can allow for rich forms.

Multiple tables in a form.gif

Full disclosure: I'm the PM for ProForma

0 votes
andrewd August 20, 2020

Hi Ilze, 

I am Andrew, Support Engineer for ThinkTilt, vendor of the ProForma product.

As @John Funk had responded, we believe ProForma could be the product that could assist you in fulfilling your requirements. We would be interested in opening up a dialogue with you to understand your use-case and requirements better, to clarify how we could be the right fit for you and your goals.

You can respond to us in this stream or book a time with us at the following link

Warm regards.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2020

Jira has no way to do this natively, and hence you'll need apps to do something like it.

The closest I have have used is Idalko's Table Grid, but I would check the marketplace for others that may be better for you rather than go on one recommendation.

Suggest an answer