Is it possible to add a dropdown on the gadget?

Sneha Kumari January 21, 2021

Hi Team,

I have added a two dimensional filter statistics gadget on my dashboard and associated with the filter. I want a dropdown for the "year", so that I can only view issues created in that year by selecting that year. I don't want to create different gadgets for different years. Instead I would like to have a dropdown with all the years on the gadget and based on the year we select, it has to display the issues created in that year. Can this be achieved?

2 answers

0 votes
Nico Frossard - codefortynine January 21, 2021

Hi @Sneha Kumari ,

Using our Jira Cloud App Quick Filters for Jira you can filter the data shown in a "Two dimensional filter statistics" gadget with a single click. Among many other fields, filtering on creation date is supported.

Below is a screenshot of a dashboard I created with a "Two dimensional filter statistics" gadget and a controller widget which offers various filtering options for filtering the issues shown in the statistics.

Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 14.58.52.png

Other widgets are also supported, and they will also be updated when adjusting the filter, ensuring the whole dashboard is consistently based on the same data e.g. issues created this year.

Don't hesitate to contact our support team if you want to know more!

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2021

HI @Sneha Kumari ,

using Date or month or year is not possible in Two dimensional Charts.

You can create filters for year wise 

(2021) --> createdDate >= startOfYear() and createdDate <= endOfYear()

(2020)--> createdDate >= startOfYear("-1") and createdDate <= endOfYear("-1")

Create Starred filter gadget and choose these filters. these will displays all the issues created during a year 

Sneha Kumari January 21, 2021

Hi @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH ,

There is no option to choose the filters in this "Starred Filter" gadget. Do I need to star only those filters which I want to choose?

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2021

Hi @Sneha Kumari ,

Yes , you want to Star the filters.

Thanks,

Suggest an answer