Is a way to create a custom gadget on a dashboard that could give a set value each bug in a filter?

Chris Jones March 11, 2021

As a QA Manager, I want to use a quality score as KPI to measure the quality of the whole product we are developing to help business on determine the quality level. 

I would like to do this with gadget on live dashboard that would list all of bugs with set value for each bug. 

For an example, Blocker priority (P0) bug is worth 50 points, Critical priority (P1) bug is worth 5 points, Major priority (P2) is worth 2 points. If you had 1 Blocker, 2 Critical bugs & 5 Major bugs, you would get a total Quality score of 70 (50 + 10 + 10).

In the past, I had to export from Jira into spreadsheet to tally to create this score but I'm wondering if there is a way to do this via automated process within Jira itself?   

Is there a way to create a custom gadget which can tally total score/value? 

Thank you for your time and help on this. 

Thanks, 

Chris 

2 answers

2 votes
Iñigo Gonzalez
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 17, 2021

Hello @Chris Jones ,

at RoninPixels we have a gadget called JQL Search in our Dashboard Hub for Jira app . This gadget allows you to retrieve issues based on a jira filter or JQL. You will be able to show data in charts or table allowing you to perform operations (like sum, min, max, mean) on the numeric fields an issue has. In this example you see different ways of showing the data:

Dashboard Hub - Jira .png

We will be happy to help you in anything you need to get your goal done

1 vote
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 15, 2021

Welcome to the community, @Chris Jones

Are you looking for a solution to generate the points per priority (A)? Or are you looking for a way to aggregate the points per project (B). 

A: If you want to generate certain points per priority, you could do that with our app Dynamic Custom Fields for Jira.

B: With Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards you could add our advanced "Quick Statistics" gadget  to show the sum of points per project/component/etc.

If you have questions or feedback about our apps, don't hesitate to contact our support.

Suggest an answer