Inviting users from another company to our Jira

Wallet June 1, 2022

SO here is the setup:

CompanyA: Active directory authenticated Jira cloud using abc@comanyA.com as usernames

CompanyB: Active Directory authenticated Jira cloud using abc@comanyB.com as usernames

Both companies are unique, with their own Jira cloud and Azure AD. Nothing is common.

When I invite a user from Company A to access our Jira in Company B, it throws an error...

AADSTS50105: Your administrator has configured the application Atlassian Cloud ('d0feb559-155a-4269-ba74-79fea20df049') to block users unless they are specifically granted ('assigned') access to the application. The signed in user 'abc@companyB.com' is blocked because they are not a direct member of a group with access, nor had access directly assigned by an administrator. Please contact your administrator to assign access to this application.

I've looked all the settings in Our Jira, sent the invitations to the CompanyB staff from our Jira, and made sure they are in a 'user' group.

I got a copy of the invitation email sent to Company B, when I click the link it tries to log me in to their Azure AD.

So I guess I would like to know...

1. How in the world do I get this working

2. Why is an invitation from Company A Jira trying to log the user into Company B Azure AD?

Thanks,

0 answers

Suggest an answer