I would like to create a transition from Abandoned to Backlogitem. How can I do that?

Jelle Lange August 28, 2020

Sometimes it happens that a Backlogitem gets accidently the status Abandoned. But there is no transfer possible (at least as far as I tried to) from Abandoned to any other status.

I could create a new backlogitem with the information, but the history still gets lost.

Who can help me?

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2020

Hi Jelle - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There are a couple of ways to approach it. The best would be to modify the workflow for that project to create a transition between the Abandoned status and the Backlog status. Publish the workflow and then you can make the transition.

If you cannot modify the workflow for some reason (it's a Next-gen or Business project or you don't have those permissions), then you could clone the issue, which should copy over all of your field values and create a link to the original ticket. That way if you need to see history or comments, etc. you could get back to the original easily. 

Suggest an answer