I want to display project-level information on issue screens and reports

Glenn Botkin June 12, 2020

On the main issue screens (task and sub-task), I would like some project information to appear - such as Project Category and Project Lead.  I would also this information to be included in filter results (reports).

I realise I can do this via custom fields, but that would entail entering / selecting the information every time a task is created; and would mean updating it manually on every task within a project should the information change.  Having the system automatically derive it would be the preferred option - is there a way to do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2020

You can do it with Scriptrunner (other scripting apps might support both of my suggestions, but I really don't know of another app that does the first option)

1. Create a web panel that extracts and displays the data.  You could put the panel almost anywhere on screen and it will not affect the issue or need maintenance.
  2. Create a scripted field that displays what you need.  This will appear a part of the issue data and be searchable (and will also not need any maintenance)
Glenn Botkin June 12, 2020

Many thanks, I'll give it a try!  Have not yet used Scriptrunner, should be an adventure!

Suggest an answer