I reopened an issue but I cannot change the resolution from 'Done' to 'Unresolved'.

Aaron Nanny February 4, 2021

JiraDetails.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2021

Hi @Aaron Nanny,

You will need to have a workflow post-function within the reopen transition to clear the Resolution field. You may refer to Clear the resolution field when an issue is reopened in Jira server for the steps.

I hope that this helps.

Thanks,
Moga

Aaron Nanny February 10, 2021

Hi Moga,

Will this work on issues that have already been reopened?  I did the steps in the article but the resolution is still greyed out and set to Done.

Thanks,

Aaron

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2021

No, the post-function only acts when a transition is executed.

The issue has to be closed and re-opened again?  Also, the issue is re-opened but does not show up in the Open Issues filter.

mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2021

Hi @Aaron Nanny,

The issue has to be closed and re-opened again?

Yes.

Also, the issue is re-opened but does not show up in the Open Issues filter.

We are trying to remove the Resolution when the issue is reopened. Can I know if the Resolution is being removed?

Thanks,
Moga

Aaron Nanny February 11, 2021

I closed the issue and re-opened it.  The resolution is unresolved now and shows up in my open issues filter.

Like mogavenasan likes this
0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

Hi Aaron,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You can only set the resolution to unresolved as part of a post function in the workflow, it is not possible to do it by adding the resolution to a screen. Have a look at Advanced workflow configuration for more information.

Thank you

Suggest an answer