I'm trying to install jira, when setting up the app i get this error

Olanrewaju Olanipekun
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 3, 2022

You have specified a database that is not empty, please specify an empty database. If you want to upgrade an existing installation, please follow these instructions instead.

Screenshot 2022-05-03 at 23.28.10.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2022

Hi @Olanrewaju Olanipekun 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

As the error message says, the database you provided is not empty. If you want to upgrade your Jira, it has different instructions (link provided). However, if you want to install Jira from scratch, you have to delete all tables within the specified database.

Olanrewaju Olanipekun
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 5, 2022

Thank you @Tuncay Senturk  for the response, i created a new user for the jira schema, then it worked. 

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2022

Oh! I'm glad that it worked.

Please mark the post as answered so that it would be seen as resolved.

Thanks

Suggest an answer