I have issue with raising component drop down missing

swapnil patankar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 18, 2019

I have successfully added CLM as friend of Jira and now I'm trying to create a defect but the tab in create defect has an option of raising component which is missing in my case . .Only the label was shown and not the drop down. So could you please help out resolving this issue . Please refer the screenshot attached .

Raising component.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2019

Hello @swapnil patankar

Thank you for reaching out.

I'm not sure if that field "Raising component" is related to the default component field in JIRA or works in the same way, but the behavior you are facing with a single unchangeable option in the component field usually happens when the field has just a single option configured on it.

For the default component field, you can add more options by navigating to your project > Components > Create a component.

That being said, can you please check if the mentioned field is related to JIRA components or does have another menu to configure their available options?

Let us know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer