I have a paid Balsamiq cloud account. How can I integrate it into Jira without having to purchase?

Chandru_psy September 30, 2019

I have a paid Balsamiq cloud account. How can I integrate it into Jira without having to purchase Balsamiq through Atlassian?

2 answers

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2019

Hello @Chandru_psy,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to have you.

According to Balsamiq, in order to integrate their product with Jira, you need to purchase the Balsamiq for Jira add-on.

For Cloud, you would obtain your add-on license for Balsamiq for Jira from Atlassian Marketplace. 

It does not appear that there's way around that. I would recommend reaching out to Balsamiq if you have any questions about this.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2019

@Chandru_psy,

Another possible would be to use Webhooks in Jira. I don't have information for sure if this could work with Balsamiq, but it's worth having a look!

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Brendan Saricks October 3, 2019

Hey @Chandru_psy

We are working on an image permalink feature for Balsamiq Cloud that would allow you to link to image of your Balsamiq Cloud project's wireframes in Jira and Confluence. I don't have a timetable as to when that will be done, but it should allow you to integrate seamlessly.

Until then, you can export your project to a PDF or PNG, and attach it to your Jira issues.

Let me know if that helps. If you have any questions, you can always email us!

Happy Wireframing,

Brendan

Suggest an answer