I cannot find the "Issue Layout" in my project settings.

Marc Pflieger December 26, 2018

I created a board for my service desk project.  The board is using the new issue view.  When I select an issue on my board, it opens the issue details.  I want to configure how it looks, but I cannot find the "Issue Layout" page.

1. If I go to  Project->Settings, I do not have an option for "Issue Layout."  So I try to do the next step.

2. Next Step: When viewing an issue on the board, I click "..." --> Configure.  It brings me to this page: https://touton.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/project-config/IT/issuelayout?screenId=13211
The page does not load, just a blank white screen shows.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,

Marc

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2018

Hello Marc,

Thank you for your feedback regarding this behavior.

The Issue Layout menu was not implemented yet for Service Desk projects, that's why the option at the detail view is taking you to a blank page. In fact, this is a confusing and not expected behavior on JIRA, so we have created a bug reporting this problem:

Configure option on the new Issue Detail View leading to a blank page for Service Desk tickets

Also, we have created a new feature request in order to add the Issue Layout menu to Service Desk projects, which would fix the bug as well:

Enable Issue Layout for JIRA Service Desk

Feel free to vote and watch the feature request to increase its priority and also be notified of any updates.

For now, if you need to customize the Detail View of your board, please switch back to the old issue view by clicking on your profile picture > Personal Settings > Unflagging the option.

Please, let me know if this information answers your question.

Joshua Sung May 13, 2019

Is there a way to disable the new view by default without going into the Personal Settings for every user?

With every new "beta" release, it confuses people and wastes time with Atlassian's broken new features.

Like # people like this
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2019

Hello Joshua,

Unfortunately, this option is not available for JIRA at this moment, however, we have requested our development team to allow the global deactivation of JIRA labs for JIRA Site Administrators:

Add possibility to disable the JIRA Labs features for all users on the instance and not per user profile

That been said, a common approach that many users are performing to ensure that all the users are properly deactivating the new issue view is by creating an issue for them with all the instructions to perform it or add an announcement banner with the instructions.

Let me know if you still have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events