I am not getting Parent Link in my EPIC

tvishakha December 16, 2019

I am unable to link my EPIC to INITIATIVE , AS i am not getting Parent Link under EPIC.

Please help how to get Parent Link

1 answer

0 votes
brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2019

Hi @tvishakha ,

Out of the box the Parent Link field is not available in Epic, it is only available if you enabled the Portfolio for Jira add-on.

Another workaround for this if you are not interested to use Portfolio for Jira is to use the Link Types.

tvishakha December 16, 2019

Hi Thanks for your explanation.

What link type i should go with, can you please help me with example.

brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2019

Sure, you can create your own Link Type to support the parent of Epic.

Outward =  "Parent Of"

Inward = "Child Of"

So when it is time to link the child to the parent you just pick the "Parent Of" link type, I know its very elementary but it does the job.

tvishakha December 17, 2019

:-) great thanks, it worked for me . 

tvishakha December 17, 2019

One more query ,if you can help, i will be thankfull.

while creating Gantt chart , i added filters like - Effort Duration, Dependency on others, Action needed but how to add values in those fields , refer yellow highlighted fields in attached screenshot.Capture.PNG

brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2019

Hi @tvishakha ,

May I know what tool / add-on you are using the generate the Gantt? 

Most likely you will need to create a custom field and map it to the schemes.

Suggest an answer