How would I ticket escalation notification?

Luke Shipley October 28, 2020

Is there a way to create a ticket escalation notification, if ticket has been sitting in “Open” status for X hours. Can I get Jira to send an email notification?

3 answers

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 30, 2020

Hi @Luke Shipley 

You can create a ticket escalation notification if the ticket has been sitting in one status for X hours using SLA Time and Report (developed by my team). This app lets you set a notification for overdue issues in its comments. And if your Jira notification settings are not changed, you will receive escalation to email after comments adding to issues.

Below you can see an example of approximate settings you can make for your query2020-10-30_23-04-49.png

0 votes
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 29, 2020

Hi @Luke Shipley ,

If you have this requirement for a Software or Business project, you can try Time to SLA.

Time to SLA works with Jira Core, Software, and Service Desk projects.

You can configure your SLA to start with "Open" status, set your SLA Goal however you wish, select SLA end as a status or a date (whichever fits your requirement), and click save.

After defining your SLA, click on the cog icon in the SLA definition, click set notifier. In the notifier menu, you can select to be notified before a certain amount of time before the SLA breach or when a % or the SLA Goal is passed. You can adjust the repetition of the notifier, recipients, and notifier content.

You can configure email notifiers as well as Slack notifiers. 

For more information, you can refer to our documentation here.

sla-notifier-4.pngSLA def Open.png

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

Gökçe

Please note that I'm one of the members of the Snapbytes team.

0 votes
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2020

There are a few ways you could manage this. The first (and possibly simplest) would be using a filter subscription, where you'd use JQL to display all tickets that are currently Open where the status was also open at a certain time (like 8 hours ago). You can include "assignee = currentUser()" to the search query, and when you set up a subscription, people would only get notification of the tickets assigned to them that match that criteria.

If you're looking at tickets that are unassigned, who will the notification being going to? You? Or a specific person, or the value of a Person field?

If this is service desk, you could set an SLA for whatever your first response should be, and add an automation rule to notify someone when the SLA is about to breach.

Suggest an answer