You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
we have an automated process for synchronizing data and version information with a supplier.
The CSV export and import I was able to automate with the PowerShell JiraPS module, great stuff by the way.
Now we have 2 fields (Requested and Affected versions) which have multiple allowed values in it. I need to update those values and I do not have a clue on how to do it.
At least with the following commands I see a list with this allowed values:
$FieldProjectData = Get-JiraIssueCreateMetadata -Project "ProjectKey" -IssueType "IssueTypeName" -Credential $Credentials
# Affected Version number 4 in this list is one of the fields!
But in the end I see details for every field:
self : https://blabla.com/rest/api/2/customFieldOption/blabla
value : MyValue
id : blabla
disabled : False
But how can I add a new allowed Option to this Custom field? There seems to be a link for every allowed option and I really dont get it? Any help would be great because I am completely stuck here.
If anyone had such and update and can provide a working example this would be great. I mean also every allowed value seems to have an id and I believe this ID keys should not be messed around with, but like I said I dont get it and usually I always find a solution.
Thank you and kind regards
thank you for the welcome! I only see projects - Project name - Project Settings - Fields and there I see those 2 fields.
I am missing here the complete point how this allowed options are added to this customfields. For my understanding each allowed option is somewhere saved, as on a property for this option there is always a link. Now how are those options:
1) Added to a project,
2) Related to the custom field
3) I need to be sure not to mess around with the key per option.
Sorry I am not good in explaining. As this should be an automated interface to and with a supplier I am not able to automate this part.
The overall process should be the following:
1) Export issues with a supplier sync flag set to a csv (JiraPS module done)
2) Synchronise suppliers SFTP with our exported information and attachments, do not overwrite anything on supplier side, except for the issue export file. (WinSCP and PowerShell done)
3) The sync gives back 2 lists 1 should update the allowed options on 2 custom fields which are visible from the gui as dropdown selections. The already existing allowed options need to stay as they are so that the keys stay the same. (Thats the part I am stuck)
4) The second supplier file give some feedback on the issues via comment and sets some flags (JiraPS module done)
Maybe another point to explain we have lets call this field Software Version, in this customfield there are several allowed options:
This versions as the supplier is developing are increasing with new version numbers. This I should be able to update the allowed options with the new versions.
Thank you and kind regards