Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How ton inject WebWork Action in my velocity template?

hey community,

i'am developing a plugin in jira server version 8.16, but there is a problem with my webwork module: in my velocity template 'input.vm', $action is not recognized.

how can i inject it im my webWork java class in order to get it recognized in my velocity template ?

Thanks

1 answer

@Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__  if you have any idea could you help me please

Hi @IMENE FIRAS , I can check it but I do not have enough information. Can you share atlassian-plugin.xml, class implementing an action and template?

Hi @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ , thanks for your answer.

Here are my files :

Atlassian-plugin.xml

<webwork1 key="edit-meta-datacustomfieldwebwork" name="Edit MetaData Customfield Webwork" class="java.lang.Object">
<description key="edit-meta-datacustomfieldwebwork.description">Actions for editing Metadata customfield Configuration</description>
<actions>
<action name="com.keplertechnologies.ged.modules.customfields.EditMetaDataCustomfieldConfiguration" alias="EditMetaDataCustomfieldConf">
<view name="input">/templates/edit-meta-datacustomfieldwebwork/input.vm</view>
</action>
</actions>
</webwork1>

Java class

public class EditMetaDataCustomfieldConfiguration extends JiraWebActionSupport {
public
String getConfiguration(){

String configuration = meta.getConfiguration(customfieldId);

LOG.debug("saved configuration : "+configuration);

return configuration;

}

}

Velocity template

<input name="configAsJsonString" value="$action.getConfiguration()"  >

and it renders  $action.getConfiguration() in the interface

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Admins, notify your Jira instance of system-wide changes with the new admin announcement banner

Hi All! We’re excited to share the launch of an announcement banner that lets Jira site administrators communicate directly to their users across their  Jira Cloud instance.  ...

512 views 16 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you