How to work on an issue with different jira teams

Janine Resch August 1, 2022

Hello,

I am looking for a way to work with Jira in a more object oriented way with different teams. For example, onboarding should not open a ticket in different projects, but an object (contract, new hire) should be processed by different teams in different stages. These teams should then only have access to the ticket when they need to process it.

So far I am working on two possible solutions:

1. create a project for e.g. onboardings and use the security levels to assign different teams to the stages of the work process, e.g. create the work contract by HR, prepare the hardware by IT.

2. create an Epic in the project where the process (onboarding in HR) starts and for each further stage of the workflow another ticket is opened (story or task) in another project (for example IT).

I would be very grateful for any further suggestions!

Many greetings

Janine

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2022

Hi @Janine Resch - Option 2 is going to be most efficient and mainly because option 1 introduces a lot of overhead with security levels as well as splitting where team members have to pay attention to incoming work (assuming that onboarding isn't the only tasks they have to look out for).

You can help keep things organized and efficient with option 2 by leveraging automation.  For example, when HR transitions to a status like "IT Onboarding", you could trigger a rule to create an IT issue (copying over pertinent information from the HR issue), link it back to the HR issue, etc.  You can also have automation where as IT progresses through various statuses, it adds a comment back on the original HR request so users don't have to think about transactional communications.

Suggest an answer