How to use rows instead of columns for Scrum Sprint Board

Member A -Team IC- June 24, 2019

Hi,

Is there a way to change the columns on a scrum sprint board to be rows instead. In the sense that, instead of moving from left to right, the flow is from top to bottom. This is because I have too much columns for each different stages of my process.Capture.PNG

As you can see the titles of each column cannot even be seen properly and would require the user to hover to view it. If I am able to make each column become rows and have the flow from top to bottom, it will be much suitable.

1 answer

1 vote
Thomas Magny-Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2019

Hello!
I don't think it is possible... However, I am wondering why do you have as many columns? As I understand the scrum board you should not have a column by status but a set of statuses for a column. The aim is not to reflect perfectly the reality but to help you to have an overall vision of the work to do.

Member A -Team IC- June 24, 2019

First of all, thank you for replying. It is because I am tasked to attempt to use JIRA to track a work process rather than using it for what it was supposed to (Agile Scrum). As these very different processes have their need for specific transition flows (i.e. issues at certain states are allowed to proceed or recede back to certain process states), I thought it would be best that I split them up into individual columns. I guess, I will feedback this limitation to the relevant parties who advocated for the use of this software and hopefully work around somehow to get it suitable for our application.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events