How to upload server add-on, missing "Add-on" option in Administrator

Harris Harijono February 23, 2021

My goal is to upload a server only add-on (JAR file) which I got from the Atlassian Marketplace. I am following this guide: https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JMWE/pages/72712230/Installing+the+add-on+on+your+Jira+server#Installingtheadd-ononyourJiraserver-InstallingwithinJira(Recommended)

Under Installing from the Atlassian Marketplace, step 6 says to locate "Add-on" from the menu and click on it. But I can't see any "add-on" item in the menu list. See image for reference. Btw, I have administrator rights.

I tried clicking Apps but it doesn't give me the option to upload an add-on file.

Screenshot from 2021-02-24 01-36-39.png

2 answers

1 vote
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2021

This screenshot clearly comes from a Jira Cloud instance. You cannot use Jira Server apps on Jira Cloud.

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2021

Hi @Harris Harijono

Apps is the right place to install Apps. But you are on cloud and the documentation is for server.

so you'll have to find an app available for cloud and install that in the app section.

Suggest an answer