How to tie data from two different issue types

Angie Affolter May 11, 2020

My business case:

I have a issue type called Requirement and I have a Req No on each requirement

I have a issue type called Test and it has a test case #

To verify that all requirements will be tested, I need to be able to tie them together, however one RTM may have several test cases associated with it and one test case may cover multiple requirements.

I know that I can add links to connect the (relates to), but was looking for another alternative that was easy and user friendly.

I can add a Label type field and let them enter multiple req nos or test case #'s on each side and therefore it will be easier to find all test cases that cover a requirement or all requirements that are covered by a particlular test case.

It would be nice to be able to Look up issues just within my project to verify the tags they enter are actually valid.  

Any other suggestions?  I do have ScriptRunner available to me. 

Thanks!

Angie

1 answer

0 votes
Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2020

Hi @Angie Affolter

Would a test management solution, such as X-Ray, not be preferable? You could run an Overall Coverage Report. 

Is the issue with the additional costs and administration of another add-on?

Thanks,

Danny

Angie Affolter May 11, 2020

Yes, given the current economy we wouldn't be looking for a new paid add-on.  However I will keep this one in mind for future - thanks!

Suggest an answer