Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to tag groups in projects on JIRA?

When you are commenting on a project is there a way you can tag a whole group instead of one by one?

Thanks!

4 answers

What do you mean by "commenting on a project"? JIRA Projects does not have comments, JIRA Project issues does. 

Assuming you meant JIRA Project issues and by "tag" you mean by @mentions? As you can see, it will only work with single JIRA accounts, not user groups or roles. What's your use case here? So that a group can be notified? You can create a "generic" JIRA account that will have a team's distribution list as its email so that by mentioning this account, you will send an email to the distro list.

Is this been improved or added on in any way? I to would like to create a group or email group to mention with @mentions and I would prefer to not have to create an account to. There should be a way to create a project email group software team group so that if I want them all to see a comment I can simply just @SoftwareTeam or something of that nature.

Like # people like this
Thomas Schlegel Community Leader May 12, 2017

Hi Parker,

you can watch this issue here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-28225

Like Annette Banes likes this

Any updates here? Looking for the exact same feature.. right now I need have a rather unnecessary work around to do.

Like # people like this

more than 7 years user requesting this feature that comes by default in modern platforms and apps, and JIRA haven't solved yet? shame...............................

I agree.... 

lets see if it will go 8 years lol

Like Derrick Ochago likes this

Go to MORE in toolbar top in Jira.

Select PEOPLE.

In this page you can see Start A Team icon. Click that

You are set now! Who all team mates you invite and if they accept your invite will be activated. 

And in future, if you want to mention/tag your teammstart team.jpgset team name.JPGates in a message you no need to mention them Individually. You can mention/tag the team name so everyone in the team who accepted the invitation link will get the notification

jira user profile.jpg

In Jira Server, you can actually manage these groups with Distro lists in Google Workspace for example.

You add the users to a group, e.g. project-a-testers@company.com.

Then add that group as a normal User in Jira.

This allows you to tag the user, e.g. Project A, and they all get notified of the ticket.

They will need individual Jira accounts as well of course, but this solves the User Group tagging issue that Cloud has and Server lacks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

318 views 9 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you