How to summarize original Estimate field value with Custom field value after update

Ruslan Rekk (Ploskonos) November 5, 2020

Hi.

Could you please help me with following question:

I have some Custom fields (type of these fields: Number Field) to specify Estimation by role (dev,ba, qa). 

2020-11-05_18h54_45.png

I want to set up Automation rule that will update Original Estimate field once any of these field updates.

For example, Original Estimate=0 and then I specify BA Effort Estimate as 1 - and I expect Original Estimate=1. Then I specify FE Effort Estimate as 2 - and I expect Original Estimate=3.

Is it possible to implement such Automation rule? 

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2020

Hello Ruslan.

I implemented a similar automation for a client of mine.

Trigger : When a value changes for BA effort estimate, BE effort estimate, FE effort estimate, original estimate.

Then edit issue field original estimate :

{{#=}}{{issue.BA effort estimate|0}}+{{issue.BE effort estimate|0}}+{{issue.FE effort estimate|0}

Note that if you do it that way, original estimate will be forced by the three other fields. If you want to stay free to change original estimate yourself whenever you want, take Original estimate out of the trigger.

Tell me if it worked. ;)

Thank you for responce, Flavien :)

It's my first Automation rule so looks like I doing someting wrong. Could you please say why I got this error below:

Thanks in advance.

error.png

Like # people like this

Good Morning, Flavien :)

Resolved - I just added {{/}} in the end and it worked now! 

Thanks a lot!

Like # people like this
Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2020

I indeed made a mistake in my copy-paste. You must always end your command with a {{/}}. For my first automation rule I had some issues finding it ;)

You're welcome, have a nice day. :)

Like # people like this
Vinay August 10, 2022

@Ruslan Rekk (Ploskonos) and @Flavien Gache 

I have the similar requirements.
Can you please share complete Smart values for this.

{{#=}}{{issue.BA effort estimate|0}}+{{issue.BE effort estimate|0}}+{{issue.FE effort estimate|0}{{/}}

this is what i understood but its not working in my case

1.PNG

Vinay August 10, 2022

Its my mistake, it worked now.

0 votes
lucas_oliveira5 October 6, 2022

Hi everyone, 

anyone know how i can get de customfield ID of "Original Estimate"? 

0 votes
Mitja Berišaj October 26, 2021

Can you then summarize the estimate somehow only by BE or FE ?

Suggest an answer