How to set and manage SLAs in Jira. We do not use the Service of Jira.

Robin September 1, 2021

Hi Everyone, As part of our commitment to internal and external teams. I would like to get the tickets in our Software projects into the SLA mechanism. Say for example, if there is a bug from Customer, based on the severity and priority, can we resolve it in xx hours. Similarly, for other issue types. Could you please provide your insights on how you are managing it for your teams or organisations. 

Thank you in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2021

Hi @Robin and welcome to the community!

Usually the teams do that by using Jira Service Management and not Jira Core. JSM is built for exactly what you are looking for. You can search the marketplace for a SLA app, and see if any of that suit your need. In the above link I've market all free apps for Jira with the keyword SLA. This could be your starting point.

Hope that helps. 

Robin September 2, 2021

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ , I appreciate your prompt response, do these apps work for Cloud instances of Jira. If I could I add one, with a price . Do you think I have choices in my case.

Thank you in advance.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2021

First of all Robin, I would consider switching to JSM since you'll get the full experience of JSM. But you can always use the free version with up to 3 agents. Then you can create linked issues to your core instance.

In the marketplace there are apps for both cloud and server. You are interested for server apps?

Like Robin likes this
Robin September 2, 2021

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ , I would love to try apps for the cloud. Do you have any recommendations. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2021

There was no need for me to try any SLA apps, since I'm using JSM. However, in the link I've sent you, you can have a look and try as many as you want! For most of them there is an evaluation period of 30 days.

So you try and decide. If you like it, you keep it. If you don't like it, you uninstall it.

Robin September 2, 2021

Sure @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ , I am on it, thanks for your response.

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2021

Kindly mark this answer as accepted, in order to help other in the community. Thank you!

Robin September 3, 2021

Done.

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 7, 2021

Hi @Robin 

Also, you can consider SLA time and report (created by my team). It allows set SLA timer for any Jira projects (Core, Software, JSM). So you can use it for all lever of support.

Additionally, this tool generates reports about exceeded, met, and in-progress issues.

Regards

Suggest an answer