How to set a notification for stakeholders

Paulina Mijal December 20, 2021

Dear all,

In my workflow there is a status "awaiting approval", sometimes it happened that someone how should check it forget about it and I want to set up an automation like: if the status was not moved for 1 week the assigne should be informed. How to do it? 

Thanks, 

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Hi Paulina, 

You should be able to do that with a filter and a subscription or by using an add-on like Automation for Jira or ScriptRunner. 

Paulina Mijal December 22, 2021

Dear @John Funk thank you. How can I do this using ScriptRunner?

Paulina Mijal December 22, 2021

The thing is that stakeholders are different each time, so I can not set a subscribtion for a current grup or person :( 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2021

Actually, I don't use ScriptRunner but it would be similar to Automation for Jira. 

For Automation, I would set up a Scheduled trigger that runs daily and works off of a JQL query that identifies the issues in question. 

You can then send a email to a field that has the stakeholder's account name in it. 

Suggest an answer