How to put the issue type field after a custom field in the create screen of the request

ebenothmen March 17, 2021

Hello Community,
Could you help me please!

How to put the issue type field after a custom field in the create screen of the request: in fact the need of my client is to update the list of the "issue type" field according to the custom field "Service". For example if the user chooses the "Taxation" service, he only sees the issues types of to taxation.

Thanks,

Eya

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
ebenothmen March 17, 2021

@Leo @Mike Rathwell @Deepanshu Natani ,

Hi,

thanks for your answer, but my main request is how to put the "Service" field before the system field "issue type", as when I have reorded the fields in the screen that is associated with the "Create a problem" operation to this project , the "issue type" field always remains the first field in the create screen (See attachement)

Attachement 01.PNGAttachement 02.PNG

Mario Carabelli March 17, 2021

Like Others have stated:. This isn't possible in Jira.

The reason for this is that the selected Project and Issuetype determine what create Screen ist shown. Thats why the are always on top in a different section of the Screen form. 

Why is the order Important for you? 

Like ebenothmen likes this
0 votes
Leo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2021

Hi @ebenothmen,

I guess you can do issue type restriction based on custom field selection through Scriptrunner's behaviour feature

BR,

Leo 

0 votes
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2021

Hi @ebenothmen . As @Deepanshu Natani said, you can't get there from here with Jira Core.. I don't know what you have available in your stack but I have "faked" this using a couple of methodologies:

Using Confluence as your input mechanism:

• Add Issue Forms for Confluence. This will let you make specific capture forms based on your rules outside of what Confluence allows.
  • You could make a root page of "Services" that, should you select "Taxation", it will provide only forms for issue types associated with taxation.To make a nice set of navigable pages, I would tend to use Navitabs for a pleasant looking page with a good user experience
  • When setting up the forms, I typically will set up the various elements in a table with the first column having the field name macro, the second having the field macro, and the third with instructions for that particular field.

Using Jira Service Desk

I have cases where I use JSD (JSM now, I guess) as the capture for a variety of different non JSD projects as well as for JSD projects themselves. For the non-JSD projects:

• Set up the Jira Service Desk project
  • Create the fields needed for each of the different issue types and put on relevant screens
  • Create the Request Types for each of the issue types.
  • Organize the Request types based on category; in your case, you would make a Request Type group called "Taxation" that has request types for the different issues there. Note: for this menthodoloty, you do not necessarily need a one for one JSD issue type for non-JSD issue type.
  • As part of the workflow, I would make sure to add Jira Misc Workflow Extensions (JMWE) to your system. Using that tool, as a post function to the create (or wherever you want it in the workflow), you can create an issue in the non-JSD project and link them so you can see where the issue came from and where it went depending on where you are looking
  • An advantage to the JSD approach is that, if needed, there is a robust approval mechanism you can take advantage of here. Another advantage, using JSD as your input mechanism, is that you can set up a service account with permission to create in the external project and lock down the external to non team members directly creating tickets in there. This also helps enforce the right issue type for the right thing is always created.
0 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2021

Hi @ebenothmen To change order of fields in the Create screen, you need to reorder the fields in the screen which is associated with the operation "Create issue" for this project.

Regarding your second query, that is not possible out of the box with Jira.

I am not sure if that can be done using scripts or not.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events