How to make text field (multi-line) custom field support text format

Dan Qiao April 26, 2016

I have create a new custom field type is "text field (multi-line)", and the name is "reopen description". But when I edit the text , it does not support test format ,such as change text color, add some code line.  

The previous custom field with the same type support to text format. Details in the screenshot. 

Any suggestion on how I can make the new field support text format?

screenshot.png

3 answers

1 accepted

10 votes
Answer accepted
Wazza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2016

Hi @Dan Qiao,

It sounds like the field is set to use the Default Text Renderer instead of the Wiki Style Renderer. You can change this in Field Configurations. Select Cog > Issues > Field configurations, and then select Configure in the Actions column for the field configuration your field is in (it'll probably be the Default Field Configuration). You'll be presented with a list of the fields, find your Recent description field and select Renderers in the Actions column. You should have the option to change the renderer to Wiki Style. Update it and it should now support wiki markup.

Thanks,

Warren

Dan Qiao April 28, 2016

Thanks a lot!  I have fixed the issue follow your suggestion. 

Wazza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2016

No worries,

Glad it worked.

Warren

0 votes
Tracy B December 18, 2019

I went through these steps and my multiline text field says that it is using the Wiki style renderer -- but it isn't! Very frustrating. :(

Andre Larouche May 10, 2021

I also tried this and had no success.  Is there anything that got this working? 

Kim Kassmeyer May 26, 2021

I was able to get this to work.  The key is to be sure you're modifying the correct field configuration scheme.  It needs to be the one associated with the project you are working in.  Once I got that aligned everything started working perfectly for me.

0 votes
Muhammed Sharifi August 29, 2018

thanks, it worked for me too. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events