How to inject IssueBeanBuilder2 ?

Oleksii Skachkov May 18, 2020

Jira version: 7.13.0
Java version: 1.7
Platform: server

I need to receive SearchResultsBean to get Issues like JSON.
When I started Jira I catch the exception:

The plugin has been disabled. A likely cause is that it timed out during initialisation. It has the following missing service dependencies : &issueBeanBuilder2 of type(&(objectClass=com.atlassian.jira.rest.v2.issue.IssueBeanBuilder2)(objectClass=com.atlassian.jira.rest.v2.issue.IssueBeanBuilder2))

my service:

@Named
@ExportAsService({IIssueJiraService.class})
public class IssueJiraService implements IIssueJiraService {

private final IssueBeanBuilder2 issueBeanBuilder;

@Inject
public IssueJiraService(@ComponentImport IssueBeanBuilder2 issueBeanBuilder) {
this.issueBeanBuilder = issueBeanBuilder;
}

public ResultsBean getIssueBean(issue){
IssueBean issueBean = issueBeanBuilder.build(issue);
List<IssueBean> issueBeans = Arrays.asList(issueBean);
SearchResultsBean resultsBean = new SearchResultsBean(0, 1000, results.getTotal(), issueBeans);
return resultsBean;
}
}

my pom (only dependency for IssueBeanBuilder2):

<dependency>
<groupId>com.atlassian.jira</groupId>
<artifactId>jira-rest-plugin</artifactId>
<version>7.1.0-QR20151229171111</version>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

Jira docs:
https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/8.1.0/com/atlassian/jira/rest/v2/search/SearchResultsBean.html
https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/8.1.0/com/atlassian/jira/rest/v2/issue/IssueBean.html 

2 answers

0 votes
David Dunham November 7, 2021

You should be able to inject BeanBuilderFactory and then call its newIssueBeanBuilder2 method.

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2020

Hi,

I understand that you are getting a plugin disabled message when trying to start this plugin.  While I don't have much experience in terms of developing plugins for Jira, I did notice that you listed the Java version as 1.7.  The problem with that, if accurate, is that Jira 7 and higher has required Java 8 (aka 1.8) at least since Jira 7.0.x versions.  More details on this JVM requirement can be seen in the Supported platforms documentation.

If that is not the solution, then I would recommend asking within our Developer Community.  That community is technically a separate site from this one, and it is geared more towards plugin development for Atlassian products.  So perhaps you might find additional help there.

Regards,

Andy

Oleksii Skachkov June 1, 2020

Hi, @Andy Heinzer 

Thanks for your help
I tried to switch to java 1.8 and its not the solution. Also, I asked on Developer Community and we came to the conclusion that its impossible.
Therefore, I abandoned this approach and use java classes from Jira.

Regards,
Oleksii

Like Andy Heinzer likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events