How to implement an IF Then condition for 2 different transitions out of a Status?

Jonathan Harber February 13, 2020

I asked this question before, but have not gotten a usable answer.  In the Issue Creation Screen is a Custom Field named Purchase Method with 3 choices. 

1. None
  2. Cash
  3. Credit

I have 2 transitions after the PM Approved Status.  Transition 1: Assign to Cash and Transition 2: Assign to Logistics.  IF the Purchase Method selected is Cash, I want to execute the Transition Assign to Cash.  If the Purchase Method selected is Credit, I want to execute the Transition Assign to Logistics.

We have JSU installed.  How do I accomplish this?

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2020

You can do this by setting a condition on the transitions, JSU allows you do to a compare to see if your field contains a specific value, so only if the condition is true the transition is available. I used a JSU condition to determine if an issue could be closed or if it had to go through validation first based on a custom field.

Jonathan Harber February 13, 2020

Would you please be more specific.  We tried this, but it doesn't work.  Below is the Condition.  Purchase Method is the Custom Field.  BRM is the choice in the Purchase Method drop down, which we want to be true to take this path...do I need to do something different?

Capture Condition.JPG

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2020

That should be it. I don't have JSU where I currently work, but the condition should work similar to the one on Jira Cloud, here is an example I just created:

Condition.png

In this case the component has to be either Bitbucket or Jira for the transition to be available. Look at the condition setting, is it set to Any of the following conditions or All of the following conditions.

Jonathan Harber February 14, 2020

Thank you for answering.  I will try String values with quotes.  

Jonathan Harber February 14, 2020

Mikael, thanks for answering.  Below is my condition, and below that is my workflow.  In this configuration, the workflow stops at PM Approved when the condition pictured is implemented:

Condition of BRM.JPGBRM Gear Workflow.JPG

Suggest an answer