How to hide tasks from user depending on custom field?

Maximilian Schmidt September 27, 2017

Hello,

I want gave access to one stakeholder to my JIRA. But he should not see a few tasks, that belongs to the project but not to him. So I though about introducing a custom field like "subproject-ID" or sth. If the ID has value 1 he can see this task. If the ID has value 2 he cannot see the task. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2017

I believe that the solution to your problem is not so much about using a custom field but actually using a feature called "Security Levels" with this there is the ability to determine which group of users can see which tickets.

The steps to set this up are briefly as follows
1. Decide on who your different groups of users are going to be with different security levels.  This can be named individuals, roles, groups etc.

2. Set up the security levels matching your decision using sensible names 
eg stakeholders, development team, managers, etc.

3. Set the permission for change security level in the permission scheme to restrict who can change security level.

4. Set the security level on those tickets you want your stakeholder to be able to see.

For more on security levels review https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver075/configuring-issue-level-security-935391113.html or the equivalent page for your version of Jira

Maximilian Schmidt September 27, 2017

Thank you for your answer!! This helped me a lot.. 

Suggest an answer