What I want:
I am using JIRA agile with Scriptrunner installed and want to do the following:
for an agile Board, I would like to create a JQL filter that mainly filters all epics with a certain label. And the filter should also include all issues in these epics. I want to do this because in my JIRA project there are multiple big topics and I want to create an agile board for one of these topics.
E.g. there is the big topic "test". I would then create epics and add the label "test" to those epics. Additionally I would create issues in these epics (but of course the have no or different labels).
I want them all now to turn up in my agile board.
What I already tried:
project = MyProject AND issuetype = Epic AND labels in (Test) AND resolution = Unresolved
issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf("filter = 'MyEpicFilter'")
issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf("filter = 'MyEpicFilter'") OR (filter = "MyEpicFilter")
but this doesn't work and creates a cyclical reference.
In the end I want to end up with an agile board where epics can be added by simply creating a new epic and assigning the label to it.
How can this be solved?
Can you confirm what name you are saving the final filter as? I suspect that you are trying to implement
whilst JIRA still thinks you are working on "MyEpicFilter"
If the final filter is a different name to "MyEpicFilter" then we need to dig deeper. But I can confirm that I tested your approach on a local instance making sure I named each filter as I went and it worked fine.
Hope this helps.
Hi @Phill Fox [Adaptavist],
Thanks for your answer.
I did not yet save the final filter, I was just typing it into the advanced JQL filter input in JIRA. So the name is free to define - but yes it should be something different as "MyEpicFilter". For example: "MyBoardFilter".
I even could not save it because I would need to execute it first but it always ends up with the following error message:
Field 'filter' with value 'MyEpicFilter' matches filter 'MyEpicFilter' and causes a cyclical reference, this query can not be executed and should be edited.
Do you have any idea what is different from your filter and mine if your one works?
I suspect JIRA still thinks it is working the filter 'MyEpicFilter' I would suggest the next step is to copy the JQL and open a new tab for the issues filter and paste in to there. In this way you are breaking the connection with 'MyEpicFilter'. This was how I built my test case to match yours.
I have just done what you described of typing the content in to the issues Filter after defining the included filter and got the same error message that you showed.
Thanks @Phill Fox [Adaptavist],
executing the filter now worked - my fault.
It now works, really great!
I even wanted to include the subtasks so I built the following query:
issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf("filter = 'MyEpicFilter'") OR (issueFunction in subtasksOf("issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf(\"filter = 'MyEpicFilter'\")")) OR (filter = "MyEpicFilter") ORDER BY Rank ASC
Just if someone else wants to do such a query.
Hello Community members! We’re wrapping up the end of JSM June with an Ask Me Anything (AMA) with the Jira Service Management product team. This is your chance to ask all your ITSM questions to o...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events