How to delete worklogs with automation rule

Santiago January 30, 2020

Hello,

We want to make sure no worklogs are created for issues still in backlog. We found no way of preventing it so we are trying to create an automation rule that whenever work is logged for backlog status issues deletes that worklog and send email to the user.

We've managed to set all conditions and have it in place but cant figure out how to delete the worklog.

We are using jira cloud and Tempo Timesheets

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: We have been able to completely restrict worklogs on specific status with jira workflow status properties. https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-can-I-prevent-logging-work-time-on-a-closed-JIRA-issue/qaq-p/22988 but at this time we need to allow worklogs on backlog status issues but only under given specific conditions.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2020

Hello Santiago,

Thank you for reaching out!

I was about to send you an answer about the workflow properties when I saw your last edit describing that you were able to achieve your goal by using it. Good to know you found it! :)

Since you still need to add work logs to your backlog issues upon specific conditions, I would suggest you to use a different issue type to specify that an issue has matched those conditions, so you can configure a different workflow to it without the work log restriction property. Even if those conditions are performed during the progress of the issue, you can still move your issue to a different issue type and apply this same workaround.

You can check how to add a new workflow to your project related to a single issue type by checking the documentation below:

Working with workflows 

Let us know if this would be an option for you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events