How to create multiple columns Kanban Board with To Do / Doing / Done Status?

NAGARAJ KAILA November 4, 2020

I'd like to create the Kanban Board that will be applied for all the projects in the organization with multiple columns based on stages with To Do / Doing / Done Status.  Below is my requirement:

Temp.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2020

Hi Nagaraj - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You are not able to do groupings of columns like that on boards in Jira. 

You can have the individual columns like you have - but you would need to label more like:

REQ - To Do, REQ - Doing, REQ- Done, Design - To Do, etc. Then you would need a status in your workflow for everyone of those columns. And you would not be able to have the overarching description either (Requirements, Design, etc.). 

Thanks for your immediate response. 

Can I create a workflow that will be applied across all the new projects created with the template created with REQ-To Do, REQ - Doing etc?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2020

Sure for Classic Software Projects. Just create a workflow that has all of those statuses and then you can attached the Workflow Scheme to as many projects as you like. 

If you use Next-gen projects, you would have to create the columns again for every Next-gen project. 

Thanks so much, John for your reply and clarifying my queries.  

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer