How to create a Kanban Sub-filter to hide Finished issues older than 1 month

Harry February 13, 2018

I want to have a sub-filter on my Kanban that hides all issues that are older than one month and:

• Done
  • Resolved
  • Closed
  • Fixed

I still want to see issues that are older than a month and do not have any of these status's or resolutions.

I have tried using created >= -4w AND status!=Resolved but this also seems to hide some other issues like 'selected for development' ones that are older than a month

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2018

Hi Harry,

This is possible using either the resolved date (fastest option) or using a history search (usually less performant but has more options).

You could add the following snippet to your Kanban sub-filter based on the resolved date:

resolved >= -4w OR resolved IS EMPTY

Or you can have a look at my JIRA Search Ninja series, specifically to the post about History Searches.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Maarten

Harry February 13, 2018

This doesn't show and Done / complete/ resolved issues at all though.

I still want to be able to see Done / resolved / complete that are younger than one month old.

I think this might be what I need:

created >= -4w AND (status != "Done" or status != Resolved or status != Closed or status != Complete)

Harry February 13, 2018

Apologies I realise now that I did not specify that originally.

Essentially all I want is a way to let old finished tickets automatically 'drop off' the end of the Done column in the Kanban board. Otherwise we will have hundreds of issues clogging it up.

Like bernadette.capozzi likes this
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2018

Hi Harry,

No problem, I think I might have missed a few things from your original question as well. With young you mean created in the last 4 weeks? 

My filter would show you all issues except for those that have been resolved at least 4 weeks ago. Including issues that would have been created months ago. 

That way you keep track of all the work that has been done in the past 4 weeks whenever it was created.

If that's not what you're looking for, please let me know!

Best,

Maarten

Harry February 13, 2018

ahh yes I think you are right actually that your query is what I'm looking for.

Its just when I was testing it I could not see any done tickets so assumed it would not show any of those.

Thanks!

bernadette.capozzi February 20, 2019

Hi Guys...

I am looking to obtain the same for my filter. Currently, I have a very simplified filter, but overtime, I know our "closed" issues or you are referring to the done will have hundreds on the board). I want the ones after the last day of the month to be removed off the board.  Hope this makes sense!  How would I add that syntax to my current filter:

project in (CBL, CBLSCRUM) ORDER BY Rank ASC

created >= -4w AND (status != "Done" or status != Resolved or status != Closed or status != Complete)

1 vote
Domagoj Zecevic February 13, 2018

Writting this out of my head

created >= -4w AND (status = "Done" or status = "Reolved or ...)
0 votes
Arjun Hazari November 12, 2023

resolution IS EMPTY OR resolved >= startOfMonth()

Suggest an answer