How to create a 'Kanban' Board filtered by Sprint Value?

aokeeffe@guidewire.com June 9, 2020

Hello,

I need to create a Kanban Board, but currently when I do, the only columns shown up are TO DO, IN PROGRESS, DONE. Instead of those, we'd like to display columns that would be based on the actual Sprint value of each issue. For example, currently our issues have sprints such as: BACKLOG, AUGUST 2020 SPRINT, NEXT-UP SPRINT.

Please advise for best way on how to create such board OR similar?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2020

Kanban boards really don't work the way you're hoping for, unfortunately.  There are some plugins that can allow you to do that, but I have no experience with them myself. I can't suggest one, either - though someone here may have one for you.

------------------

You can add any number of columns in the column section of the board settings, but you can't make tickets with the same status appear in multiple columns based on some other criteria on the same board, such as Sprint.

For example, let's say your story workflow is:

Backlog - Open - In Progress - Validate - Closed

and you have 3 columns - TO DO , IN PROGRESS, and DONE

You can put Open tickets in the TO DO column
In Progress in the IN PROGRESS column 
Closed into DONE column 
( You could put the other statuses anywhere, or nowhere. Your call)

What you can't do is have tickets in Open status appear in both TO DO and IN PROGRESS columns based on their sprint value, since the Open status can only appear in the TO DO column in our theoretical scenario.

Hopefully that makes sense, but if I've missed the crux of your question, please let me know.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events