How to bulk change issue color?

Luiz Carlos Maia Junior April 24, 2019

The option to bulk change color seems to be available but I cannot change it from purple to anything else and if I apply the changes using purple nothing happens to the issues.

bulkcolor.png

2 answers

0 votes
Tanay Moore
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 20, 2023

This still seems to be an issue

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2019

Hi @Luiz Carlos Maia Junior 

@I believe you are on cloud unfortunately I’m not on my PC to test this however can you confirm what fjql is mapped to each color and make sure there are no issues in your search that do not comply with the jql?

It wouldn’t surprise me if this is the problem because JIRA would not let you perform a change in an issue the change is unavailable to.

Luiz Carlos Maia Junior April 24, 2019

Hello @Ismael Jimoh

I'm new to Jira so I'm not sure how to confirm the jql color mapping.

If I create a filter and then I add the color column I see that Jira leaves that column empty so I assume there is an issue like you said.

Do you have an idea of where in the settings I should fix this?

Thanks!

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2019

Hi @Luiz Carlos Maia Junior ,

Sorry my bad, I had assumed issue color was the same as the card color. As they are not, please note that this is not based on JQL.

I tested the above and it seems the field in question cannot be edited.

I attempted editing this from the issue view for a single issue and the only color available was purple. Also saving the edit does not set this color on the issue.

With these, I am suspecting either this is a field provided with the new project type(hence beta) or there are some other conditions needed for using this. (Leaning more towards the former).

I have not found any documentation on this feature which makes me lean further towards this still being implemented. 

Do reach out to Atlassian directly here to confirm what the expected behaviour is.

Regards.

Like Luiz Carlos Maia Junior likes this
Luiz Carlos Maia Junior April 25, 2019

Hello @Ismael Jimoh, thanks a lot for your answer!

Regards,

Luiz.

Suggest an answer