Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to add multiple done columns

I need to add two Done columns in Scrum Board as one of my status is closed one and for Burndown to work ideally it should be in Done Column but i wont be able to see both the columns separately in Active Sprint board as i dint get any option to add multiple Done Columns.

2 answers

1 vote

Also, if you do add another "done" type column, it won't be classed as "done" unless it is the last column on the right-hand side.  Jira only looks at the very last column on the board to define "done".

How to bypass that ? such a stupid limitation, as always

Like # people like this

It's not in the slightest bit "stupid" - it is a clear, simple and unarguable definition of done, as Agile (and, for that matter, Waterfall) processes strongly recommend.

The "bypass" is to put all your end status into the last column.

I don't disagree with the definition of Done, I'm just surprised that you have to choose the "status" of a column (to do, in progress or done) - and no matter the status that are in this column - which defines the color of the column (white, green, blue) and therefore its status REGARDING the sprint, but even tho you select Done the column stays green if it's not at the very right as you said, which is actually a VERY ODD LIMITATION that serves no real purpose.
In my case I need to have a visual differentiation on the board between multiple status, all being resolved/done tickets, all I need is to split those into 2 columns but I can't have that, otherwise only half of them will be registered as Done when completing the sprint.
So yeah ofc I "bypassed" it by putting everything in the last column but that's not what I call bypass, it's simply renouncing to the "feature" I need, if we can even call that a feature.
If you can't see that then... sorry ^^

Like # people like this

I agree that it's a bit fuzzy, it is partly historical, and partly an apparent unwillingness to draw it all together properly on the Atlassian side (a reticence I don't understand).  I keep meaning to write an article on it here.

Logically, the right thing to do is have a single "done" - to keep plain Jira and Jira Software happy without a complete redesign and refactor, you could:

• Have a list of status that are "done", they're green, they require that the resolution is set and they can only exist in the last column of a board.
  • Let the to-do and in-progess status to take either of the other colours (as it doesn't really cause any huge problems like green/resolved/done does), and require the resolution to be empty for issues in those status

This fixes the problem.  By force.  And limits the flexibility - one thing it completely rules out is "subjective" status where one team's "done" is another team's "to do"

Like abhishek_pandey likes this
0 votes
Deleted user Nov 16, 2018

Hi @shivam chhouda,

Each column on a scrum board needs to be mapped to at least one status. Once a status is mapped to a column it cannot be shared. To have more than one Done column you would need another Status added to your issue's workflow. 

Separately, I would advise against adding more than one Done status and column to a scrum board as this may screw reporting and sprint closure if not managed correctly. 

Hope this helps

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

☕️ Monday coffee with Jexo: Weekly Atlassian news roundup | 21st June 2021

Hi community 👋, as every Monday we're bringing you a quick update on what happened in the Atlassian ecosystem last week. There were a few interesting events like for example the announcement of th...

59 views 0 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you