How to add math equations to issue descriptions?

khaled_mualla June 12, 2020

I am working on a math-education project, our reviewers are struggling to add math equations properly into Issues description.

Is there a way to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2020

Hi @khaled_mualla ,

I had hoped I had a better answer for you with some of what I have in my instance but... I don't. I had hoped some of the enhanced field editors I have would do that but no. I note you only mention Jira but... do you have Confluence available to you as well? There are a variety of tools for Confluence to display equations and it is simple to link a Confluence page to a Jira issue. Perhaps this is the way to go where Jira runs your process and Confluence is where it is documented.

Oki__PolarisOffice_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2021

@khaled_mualla 

As @Mike Rathwell commented, using an Addon for Confluence and linking it to a jira ticket might be a good option for you.

If you look for a Confluence Addon for the alternative way, I would like to recommend LaTeX EASY math equation for Confluence.

It is really easy and intuitive, so anyone who doesn't know LaTeX syntax can write math equations and formulars. It also supports PDF export. Please check it. 

Suggest an answer