How to add manage /add users based on DEPARTMENT

Joao Borges April 13, 2020

Hi there,

Im new to JIRA and not sure on how to add users/manage  by DEPARTMENT. I was able to add multiple fields under CUSTOM FIELDS for DEPARTMENT (which already existed) - for example

1. Technology
  2. Security
  3. Billing 
  4. Delivery

But I am not sure how to group users/manage into these Department categories . Some of the departments  already exist but I am not able to locate the right page, where i should be able to add users/manage  by DEPARTMENT

2 answers

0 votes
Joao Borges April 14, 2020

I did not create this field = Department. I just added new values and try to implement it into a project.  But this field Department was created for one project in the past, and it can be used to filter tickets

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2020

Hi Joao,

You can add a Department to a User in the Organization section under User Administration. But I am not sure how you can use that within the system other than just for info.  You can create Groups within User Administration and put users in those groups which you can then make use of within the system.

Is there something in particular that you are trying to accomplish?

Hey John, when I try to search for issues for example by Department, Im able to get all the  issues categorized for each department.

Filter Department - and choose one of the departments for example, TECH

I am able to see all tech tickets. But if I try to create a new department, such as SECURITY- I wont be able to find any issues related to SECURITY

I thought it was linked to a page, or something similar, based on DEPARTMENT and people. But the ALL ISSUES view, seems like its just a filter that im not able to figure out 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2020

So you created a custom field called Department and you have the values listed above in your question.

But you cannot see tickets where the Department = Security. 

Is that correct?

Can you share some screenshots of the values in your field? And of the query/filter you are using?

Sure, ill get that to you in a few - thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events